Answered

How to ensure two live posts are both seen by the user?

• 8 November 2022
  • 2 replies

I've got two posts that are live-- one that is a monthly product update, and another asking for feedback on a specific new feature. Both have the same audience, and are meant to appear as soon as the user logs in.

If the user logs in when the first post is set live, then logs in again when the second post is set live a few days later, then there is no issue: both posts have great visibility. My issue is, if the user hasn't yet seen the first post before the second one is set live, when they log in, they just see the very first post pop up; to find the second post, they have to go to their message history, and the post is marked as read already. Ideally, they'd get two pop-ups for both posts. I have tried setting this second post to "large", hoping that perhaps the difference in format would mean both would appear, but it seems not.

I also haven't found a filter that would enable me to show a post only if another post has already been seen; would the "last contacted at" filter work in this case? Is this only possible through Series or can it be done without?

Thanks a lot for your help!

icon

Best answer by Daniel M15 14 November 2022, 15:26

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2

Hey @vaida​! Daniel from Customer Support Engineering here 🔧 

I believe what you are looking for here is a Series. This will allow you to send posts in sequential order, so that this way, you can guarantee that users will have to be shown post one before seeing post two. You can read the full rundown on Series here for more information on how to achieve this.

Hope this helps!

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your reply! Yeah, I thought maybe Series was the only solution here, glad to have it confirmed. Will look into it!