Answered

Hi, I'd like to know if it is possible to automatically trigger an additional email to be sent after a customers conversation has closed with one of my reps? In that additional email I would like to pass over some customer contact info into a JSON sn

• 8 November 2022
  • 1 reply

I want to pass over the customer email, name, and a contact id of some sort to the second trigger email to fire off a Trustpilot review invitation as seen in this article - https://support.trustpilot.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021253259-How-to-use-Automatic-Feedback-Service-without-a-BCC-field

In summation I'm looking to trigger a second email when a conversation closes without the API. And second, can I add a structured data snippet to the source code of the trigger email to pass over contact properties to trigger a trustpilot review invitation with the contacts properties?

icon

Best answer by Daniel M15 14 November 2022, 15:32

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 2

Hey @kevin j11​! Daniel from Customer Support Engineering here 🔧 

To achieve this, you will need to use our webhooks. Specifically, you'll want to set up the conversation.admin.closed topic so that you are notified when a conversation is closed. This will return a conversation model; I recommend taking some time to familiarise yourself with its structure. Then, strip the relevant info from the model, and trigger our Create a message endpoint to send an email to the user. Bear in mind that this will take some technical setup, so you may need a developer if you are unfamiliar with webhooks. Please see the documentation attached for further information.

Hope this helps!