Answered

Does anyone have any tips on automating escalations? Basically, taking automated action after a conv. has been dormant for x mins?

• 11 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

While I can setup SLAs, etc. I'm thinking of some way for there to be a call-to-action (e.g. an email sent/forwarded) to make the team aware as they may not be in Intercom 24x7

icon

Best answer by Milan 14 November 2022, 08:51

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Tagging @user382โ€‹ and ย @kevin bโ€‹ย in case you have any tips on that👍

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @adam w11โ€‹ย so you want to message your team about the missed conversation?

ย 

There's nothing as a setting, but what might work is using Automation Rules where the action would be Custom Action. You can then trigger either Intercom API to send an outbound email to a fixed email address (your team) or perhaps use another 3rd party app API that will trigger some messaging/notification.

ย 

This is just an idea, haven't had time to test it and see if it can actually be set.

ย 

/thanks @diana t12โ€‹ย 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thanks, Milan! Yep, essentially, this is to provide some backup for when I'm OOO and escalations may be being handled by a broader team. We can be flexible with the cues for it, but ultimately, we'd want it to fire when a conversation is in our "Escalations" team/queue and hasn't been worked on. We'd then want it to stop when it's been actioned.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

OK understood @adam w11โ€‹, and I think exploring the solution to what I said above would be a good way to go. You will set up different Inbox rules depending on the timing you need and the unresponsiveness of your teammates (and being assigned to the Escalations team), with the action to be taken a custom action triggering some API call (i.e. Intercom to send outbound email to you).

ย 

Just have on mind that Intercom can not really know when you are OOO, or your status in Intercom. So it will work always.