Question

Can I embed messenger into site html?

• 15 November 2022
  • 6 replies

I need to embed intercom messenger in specific place of my site and customize it view if possible. Hide/open it depending of active tab and change inner styles. Is there way to do this? iii

6 replies

Userlevel 2

Hey @алексей с​! Daniel from Customer Support Engineering here 🔧 

I think what you're looking for here is a custom launcher! It allows you to edit the Messenger's appearance, and you can dictate its behaviour programmatically with our JavaScript API. As for changing the inner styles, our newest Messenger comes with a host of customisation features that you should definitely check out 😁

Hope this helps!

I need to place messenger in my tab, not launcher.

Userlevel 2

Thanks for clarifying this! At the moment, we do not offer a way to implement the Messenger within a tab the way you have shown. You could implement a link to make the Messenger open from a button on your site as I've mentioned above, but it is not possible to integrate the Messenger within another element.

Maybe there is API that can be used as back-end and I write own front-end that will use it?

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi @user382​ , just wondering if you could help with any advice here. Thanks!

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @алексей с​ - there is an API with webhooks and API calls that you can use to read and send messages so it would be theoretically possible to write your own front-end but that would be hell of a job.

The other option is to try to impact the Intercom messenger styling but that's also not fully recommended (although I had success with making small changes). And I think you would not be able to do exactly what you want as you could influence only the style not the structure.

Thanks @diana t12​ ;)