Answered

What is the best way to set up series?

• 17 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Hey all, 

What is the best way to set up series? Would it not be to create segments, and then use these segments in the 'entry rules' rather than always setting up the filters in 'entry rules'?

I would like to understand what are the pros and cons of the above? i.e either setting up series by creating a segment before, and then using that segment as part of the entry rules, or to fill in the filters in entry rules each time a series is to be set up?

What are the implications of each in terms of reporting, data hygiene?

Any insights are much appreciated. Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Daniel M15 24 November 2022, 18:39

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2

Hey @behram​! Daniel from Customer Support Engineering here 🔧 

Either approach will work here really! It will achieve the same thing, you're just auto-populating the audience with a segment when you create it that way 😁 If you use segments a lot, it might be worth doing it that way since you can easily view customer segments in the Contacts section. So in short, there's no real right or wrong, it might just be slightly quicker with the segment method 👍

Hey @daniel m15​ thank you so much for your insights. Building on the above, I am wondering if I set up series via segments as an entry source, how can this help me in reporting. In the reporting section, is there a way for me to generate a report based on the performance of a specific segment? Or I have to do it via the series itself? Thanks!

Userlevel 2

You'd be best to check the Series itself and view the Started/Finished/Disengaged stats there 😊 Other than that, it wouldn't have too much effect on reports, unless you were planning to build a custom report and applying the same segment filters there.