Question

Is there a plugin or other way to have multiple video links in an article that DON'T take the reader to another site, like YouTube or Vimeo?

• 17 November 2022
  • 6 replies

• New Participant
  • 2 replies

I want to have a series of micro-videos to demonstrate short processes, multiple per article.

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Not sure what you mean, if I embed a YouTube video in an article it will play the video in the article without linking me to YouTube

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hey @ro29​ 👋🏼

Shauna here from Support!

Currently you can only 'embed' videos from the following sites 👇🏼

• YouTube
  • Vimeo
  • Wistia
  • Loom
  • Vidyard

Like what @kevin b​  mentioned above - these will play within the Article rather than 'directing' customers to another site.

Any other links from different sites will direct customers outside of the article as we don't support embedding videos from any other source that's not named above. I hope this gives some context on this ✨

Of course, I am happy to flag this with the Product team as a feature request for you 🚀 Please feel free to share any additional context on this. Be sure to keep an eye on our Product Changes page for updates on current features or announcements on new products 👉🏼 https://www.intercom.com/changes/en/p>

Have a great day 🤩

Thanks @kevin b​ and Shauna. I'm probably not being clear; what I really want to do is record micro-videos (almost just extended GIFs) that are accessed by clicking text hyperlinks within the article. Almost like how a blog post has numerous hyperlinks to other content, except all of mine will be to a relevant micro-video for whatever the step is. I'd love it if they just popped up, like 'pic in pic' or lightbox style, right on/in the article page.

Is there any way to do that? Thanks!

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@ro29​ None that I'm aware of

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hey @ro29​ 👋🏼

Thank you for clarifying this! There's no way to do this within Articles in Intercom - this would be a feature request.

What I will do is flag this to the Product team for you 🚀 Please do reach out to us if you have any additional context on your use case that you want to add!

Thanks. Just to add a bit more detail...

My company is using Intercom Articles as a place to host content for various training paths for our software. We really want to have text, longer videos (~2-3 mins), screen shot still images and what I'm calling "micro-videos" all in one article. That way, the user can consume the content however they like. Some articles are super simple and others are more in-depth. All of the aforementioned things are available to use and create, except my micro-video idea.

The micro-videos (in my perfect world) would be either hyperlinks that open up short videos right on the the same screen as the article when clicked. Or they would do a sort of "fly out" screen when hovered over.

Hope that helps with context...thanks again for your reply.