Answered

Is there a way to teach the chat box to share articles without activating the Help Centre ?

• 18 November 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

We do not want our article to be searchable on line by anyone. We only want to share them in the messenger.

icon

Best answer by Martina 23 November 2022, 10:07

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

In the articles settings, you can prevent your help center from showing up in online search results. Would that already solve your issue?

Userlevel 1

Hey Kevin, thanks so much for your reply! Yes, I saw this option. However, when I try to activate the Help Center I have always a message saying that the articles are going to appear online with a URL domain

Userlevel 1

Keep your help center private

Userlevel 1

But then when I click on the green bottom Turn on Help Center I see this messageTurn on your help center

Userlevel 1

J'ai fait ce que tu as conseillé Kevin. je pense que tu as raison. Normalement le help center ne devrait pas s'indexer

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi @kevin b​, just wondering if you could help Lana Lucia further on that. 🙌 It looks like her issue is not solved yet.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Not entirely sure what's missing here. The articles will be accessible by everyone once you set it live, but in reality, there shouldn't be that many people that will do it.

Userlevel 1

Hey there, thanks look like I solved this issue. Sharing here for others may be interested in the topic:

• yes, you can publish the help center and turn off the button "Allow your help center to appear in search results" so that the articles will not be indexed
  • you need to publish at least 10 articled before the chat box start suggesting them
  • articles need to be organized into collections

Now, I only need to understand how to make sure the operator will start to do that 🙂

Thanks for your help