Question

Is it possible to converge two paths into one?

• 22 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Our custom bot splits the path in a couple spots when getting and verifying the customer's information. Is there a way to reconnect the two paths back into a single path without the use of reply buttons or something that gives me an arrow? See image, where we've asked the potential customer whether or not they have an e-mail address. Once we get that info (or learn that they do not have an email address), I'd like them to go back into the same path. The red lines are what I'd like to accomplish. Thanks!

Screenshot 2022-11-22 at 9.57.21 AM

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey @matthew g​ Racheal from the support engineer team here👋 

I see you're chatting with my teammate Sam on this now, they are spot on here that the only way to do this would be with reply buttons by directing the user back to the same path:ScreenIn your last question, on how to re-route the Bot, it looks like you are on path M and trying to connect the bot the path M. You can connect the path to a previous path but you cannot connect a path to itself, you would need to route back to another path.

Thanks Racheal. Is this the right place to submit a feature request? Would be very useful to be able to direct users to different paths without needing the reply buttons. Here I'm not sure what the "C" reply would be other than the user saying "yes, let's continue." What we've ended up doing is building several paths that are mostly the same the same - like in this example, we have B and C paths that are identical after the initial request for an email or response that it's ok the customer does not have one. Thanks!