Question

New version of the UI - Adding Notes - If a new chat comes into a teammates queue then I'm no longer typing in the notes field

• 1 December 2022
  • 2 replies

To protect client privacy I can't really send in a screen recording of this happening.

In my position, I only leave notes for our front-end representatives.

For the past couple of months, in the new version of the inbox, I've found that when I'm typing up a note and a chat enters the teammate's queue I'm taken out of that note.

ie I'm typing a note > new chat comes into the teammate's queue > I'm now either typing in the new chat, or I'm not focused on the text field and typing is just triggering hotkeys making prompts appear for adding canned responses etc.

Can this be looked into? There have been instances where I've been leaving an internal note and right when I press cmd + enter a new chat comes into the teammate's queue and now an internal note is sent as a chat message to the client.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey @brian p​ Racheal from the support engineer team here👋 

Oh no- this does not sound ideal at all! I have not heard any other reports of this, would you be able to reach out to the team so we can look into this for you? A couple things we will want to check is:

1. Is this happening for other teammates?
  2. Is this happening in an incognito browser?

Sorry for the wait from my end.

Yes this is happening to everyone on my team and we have confirmed that it's doing this while in incognito and after we've flushed cache for all time.

The only options I keep unchecked are Passwords and other sign in data and Autofill form data. Every other option in the advanced tab for clearing cache is selected.