Question

How to create a ticket from form contact

• 2 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi, I'm a new Intercom user. I was trying to open a new ticket from contact form, on my ecommerce. I couldn't do it with Zapier because Intercom app on Zapier doesn't have "create a new ticket".

How can I create a new ticket using something like:

1) Webhook catch information from form and create a new ticket

2) Shopify send an email with form information to my inbox... How can extract Name, email address, subject... to a new ticket? I want to create a new ticket with customer information, not with my ecommerce information

This is the email result from a contact form:

Congratulations - you’ve got a new lead!

Details submitted on your form can be found below.

First name: xxxxxxxx 

Last name: xxxxxxxx 

Email: xxxxxxx

subject: xxxxxxx 

Thank you

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey @user2089​ Racheal from the support engineer team here👋 

Are you specifically looking at a Ticket type here, or just hoping to open a new conversation from a contact form? New incoming messages can be created by a form using our API. Using our API the incoming messages will appear directly in your Inbox. At the same time you can create the user if they did not already exist.

I've included a Ruby example, but the same logic is applicable to any other language, and it can be set up for both users and leads.

def send_contact_form_to_intercom(email, name, message)

begin

user = Intercom::User.find(:email => email)

rescue Intercom::ResourceNotFound

user = Intercom::User.create(:email => email, :name => name)

end

Intercom::Message.create({

:from => {

:type => 'user',

:email => email

},

:body => ("VIA THE CONTACT FORM:\n\n" + message) }

)

end

Additionally, we have REST API docs that might help with what you're needing (in particular the "User or Lead Initiated Conversation" section), as well as Messenger apps for surveys (available in the App Store), and more.

Another idea is to design a Custom Bot to send when a button is clicked on your website (such as a 'Contact Us' button). This can be used like a contact form for users to write in to you, while also filling in their details.

Thank you!!!