Question

Setting up inbox rule when conversation is closed

• 5 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Hello!

I'm looking for a way to fire an inbox rule when we close a conversation. What I'm hoping to achieve:

When: we close a conversation

If: team assigned is X

Then: assign ticket to teammate Y

The idea is that the ticket remains closed, but assigned to a certain team(mate).

Any suggestions? :-)

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hello @olivier​  👋🏼

Shauna here from Intercom Support - Thank you for reaching out!

Currently the only available options within 'Automation Inbox Rules' are as follows 👇🏼

Screenshot 2022-12-09 at 14.53.04What you want to achieve is in fact a feature request - I can flag this to the Product team for you 🚀 Please share any feedback or context on your use case here, I will pass it along to the team.

@olivier​ Curious about your use case for this as well.

Is this for a manager review process with new employees as a form of quality control or training support?

If so, there may be other ways to accomplish this, I'd be happy to brainstorm with you on that topic.

Or if you share more on your goal and process, it's possible there's still another solution for what you are trying to accomplish beyond just requesting the exact feature.

For example, you may be able to use a 3rd party integration to create a digest or set up a report to be automatically sent out for conversations matching your criteria.

Hope this helps