Question

Error when calling loginIdentifiedUser()

• 9 December 2022
  • 2 replies

We're getting an error in our Android app when we attempt to call loginIdentifiedUser()

The code is very simple and we can't work out why we're seeing this error. Here's the logs from logcat:

D/IntercomAPI: login identified..
I/Intercom: Dispatched Action: SOFT_RESET: No Value
I/Intercom: Successfully reset the user. To resume communicating with Intercom, you can register a user
I/Intercom: Dispatched Action: HARD_RESET: No Value
I/Intercom: We already have a registered user. Updating this user with the attributes provided.
E/Intercom: Failed to register or update user: A network request was made with no user registered on this device.Please call registerUnidentifiedUser() or registerIdentifiedUser(Registration).
D/IntercomAPI: login identified failed: 1001 : ERROR - [HTTP -1] - Something went wrong

The log seems to be stating that the network call to loginIdentifiedUser is failing because we haven't logged in. That doesn't really make sense.

Here's the code that around loginIdentifiedUser:

Log.d(TAG, "login identified..")

Intercom.client().logout()

Intercom.client().setUserHash(hash)

val userAttributes = baseAttributes
.withEmail(user.email)
.withName(user.name)
.build()
val registration = Registration
.create()
.withUserAttributes(userAttributes)

Intercom.client().loginIdentifiedUser(registration, object : IntercomStatusCallback {
override fun onFailure(intercomError: IntercomError) {
Log.d(TAG, "login identified failed: ${intercomError.errorCode} : ${intercomError.errorMessage}")
}

override fun onSuccess() {
Log.d(TAG, "login identified success")
currentState = States.IDENTIFIED
}
})

The same error occurs with or without the call to logout() near the top. We just put that in there to see if it made a difference.

Thanks for any advice

2 replies

Userlevel 2

Hey @peter m13​! Daniel from Customer Support Engineering here 🔧 

If you are updated to the latest version of the SDK, and this is happening for multiple users, could you please contact us via the Messenger about this? We may need more context on the device model, OS, etc., that may not be suitable to share in a public forum. Thanks!

Hi, I’m experiencing the same error. Is there any solution to this problem?