Question

Messenger Button Does Not Appear (Using React/NextJS)

• 12 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Trying to get started with the messenger but unable to get it to appear. Like the title says, using React and Next.

What I have so far in my app:

• Intercom is loaded (`window.Intercom` is defined)
  • "boot" and "update" are getting called in the correct spots with the (presumably) correct payloads
  • I'm getting successful responses back from `https://widget.intercom.io/widget/APP_ID`as well as `https://api-iam.intercom.io/messenger/web/ping`/li>
  • In the DOM, there is a hidden iframe element with id `intercom-frame` and a div with id `intercom-lightweight-app`. The div only contains a style element, there is no content

Curious what could prevent the messenger button from appearing when everything I mentioned above appears to be working correctly

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey @jackson c​ Racheal from the support engineer team here👋 

There is a lot of possibilities here so your best option would be to write into support so we can take a better look! Just some general things you can check:

1. View your Messenger settings. Are you showing the Messenger to the right people? Make sure of this under Messenger > Control your inbound conversation volume. Settings here will determine who can view the Messenger and contact you.
  2. Check your identity verification settings under Settings > Security. If you enforce identity verification but want to have the Messenger visible to Visitors and Leads the Messenger will not load and you will receive a 403 error in the browser console. This is configured separately for web, iOS, and Android.
  3. Check if you are on a trusted domain under Messenger > Keep your Messenger Secure. If the domain is incorrectly added or not listed the Messenger will not load and you'll receive a 403 error.
  4. Are you using a public suffix domain?
  5. Are you using an ad-blocker or using private mode? This may block JavaScript tracking functionality, such as the Messenger. Linked is how to resolve this.

If you are still experiencing an error, could you send us a link to the page where the Messenger has been installed (or a screenshot of your installation code if it's behind a login)?

Any update on this?

I’m going in circles trying to find a solution to this.