Question

How to trigger Mobile Carousel automatically for new user?

• 20 December 2022
  • 4 replies

I'd like to show Mobile carousel to anyone who downloads and uses your app for the first time. (like onboarding screen - but only one time).

And I followed this one to add mobile carousel in my app.

And i can trigger mobile Carousel from button click action. However what i'd like to get is to trigger automatically and immediately after user launch very first time. But seems it's not working. I not sure did i miss something or something wrong with my configuration. Please help to suggest to archive this. Thanks.

Here's my setup in Intercom portal

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey @user2135​ Racheal from the support engineer team here👋 

I see you've reached out to the team here, which is great as we'll probably need some more context! From first glance here I would check first that you are testing with a user who matches for the New mobile app users rule. For context, a New mobile app user is anyone who downloads and uses your app for the first time after you set the carousel live.

Hi Racheal, thank u for ur reply. Yes, i set New mobile app users rule and we would like to show only for new user and for the first time. (for onboarding to user). After i set carousel live, and try to install from TestFlight iOS app, but couldn't see any carousel popup when the app launch.

( Tested with simulator/real device/TestFlight version/running from xcode)

@racheal​ 

Hi Racheal, may i know that is it possible to show mobile carousel automatically for new mobile app users?

If yes, i think something is wrong with my configuration.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey @user2135​ I see you've worked this out with Ayk!

For transparency of other viewers, there was an issue with the use of the LoginIntercom method.