Question

React Native Intercom SDK - iOS crash

• 23 December 2022
  • 5 replies

I am experiencing an error when I generate my ipa and open my app on my physical device.

In ios case the app closes automatically on android it works fine.

I have generated my ipa before intercom and it works perfectly until I integrate the sdk, then ios crashes

I have followed the documentation to the letter and also tried making the manual link.

Also I disabled  Bitcode because when I was getting the archive the error message recommended to put in NO

Maybe I need an extra step in the ios configuration?

Packages:

I included some libraries that I am using in my project and they are using native code

• "@intercom/intercom-react-native" : 4.0.1
  • "react": "18.1.0"
  • "react-native": "0.70.5"
  • "@react-native-community/geolocation": "^3.0.4"
  • "react-native-permissions": "^3.6.1"
  • "react-native-reanimated": "^2.12.0"
  • "@react-navigation/native": "^6.0.13"
  • "react-native-in-app-review": "^4.2.1"
  • "react-native-background-timer": "^2.4.1"

5 replies

Hey @cristian​! Oséas here from the Support Engineering team 🕵️

Thank you for reaching out about this! So far, we've not heard other reports of this. Have you been able to replicate this issue in a test environment and collect any evidence that the reason why you cannot generate your .ipa file is the Intercom iOS SDK?

To escalate this to our Product Team, we'd need some details and context around the issue. Could you please reach out to us via the Messenger and share some logs from when the crashes happened, along with the SDK version you're using?

Hi @Oséas Filho and thanks for your answer

I am using:

• "@intercom/intercom-react-native" : 4.0.1
  • Intercom: 14.0.5 --> according with the Podfile.lock

I followed the steps in your docs, also, I tried to install manually in both cases I had the same output:

logs

Thank you for providing more details, @cristian​ 🙏 It doesn’t seem that these errors were caused by the Intercom SDK. Have you tried to generate the .ipa file again without integrating the SDK since these crashes started to happen?

Yes, I do. It had integrated notifications + intercom,so I removed notifications stuff and the app crashed.

Then remove intercom sdk and the app works well

@cristian​ Could you please contact us through the Messenger so we can look into this further and escalate if necessary?