Answered

Is it possible to create an automation to have Round Robin apply to a chat once it's been assigned to a certain team from the Unassigned bin?

• 14 January 2023
  • 4 replies

In my workspace, we sometimes have some chats that go the Unassigned bin and we'd like the ability to have Round Robin apply to these chats we send over to another team for action.

Ideally, once it is assigned to the desired team (this team uses Round Robin), that inbox rule will apply to the previously Unassigned chat and assign it to someone who's online at that time. Has anyone ever had any luck in doing this?

icon

Best answer by Kyle T 17 April 2023, 02:15

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey @kyle t​  👋 Paul here from intercom Support!

This is actually expected behaviour with the Round Robin rule currently but I know it is something the Team are working on!

Will let the Team know that this is something you'd like to see introduced in future ✅

I reinforce that this is very important to happen in Round Robin. Curious that in the balanced distribution this behavior happens. It turns out that those who really need this resource, to get it, need to pay much more.

Hi @kyle t​!

Have you found any alternatives?

@Alex F12 My only suggestion would be to have a script running in the background (hosted wherever you’d like: AWS, etc.) that polls the desired teams’ buckets and runs the assignment rule using the API. I’m working on getting a lambda running to apply the Round Robin rule every 60 seconds for each team it’s needed for, but a native integration would be a big win for us.

API documentation reference for applying Assignment Rules is HERE. The conversation ID will always have to be a dynamic value based on the affected via polling and chats assigned to a Team, but not a Teammate.