Answered

Why we can't send messages?

• 20 January 2023
  • 3 replies

I am testing the intercom chat with a Dev account.

We want to test it before buying it.

I am able to popup the intercom box, but I am not seeing the input text to write a message (see the attachment image)

Any idea why we can't send message ?

intercomNoChat

icon

Best answer by Racheal 21 January 2023, 03:01

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey @hugo l​ Racheal from the support engineer team here👋 

It looks like you'll need to enable space in your Messenger first. Set up for Messenger 5 is broken down into 4 tabs – Layout, Setup, Styling, and General. Here's what each of these mean

Layout is where you can control the spaces users and visitors see within the Messenger. These spaces include:

• Home
  • News

Setup is where you'll customize the Messenger's greeting and choose the apps displayed on the Messenger Home Screen.

The Styling tab is where you can customize and style your Messenger. Here you can:

• Set your brand colors
  • Stylize the Messenger Home
  • Customize the Launcher

Lastly, the General tab holds all of the other Messenger settings. This includes your Messenger preferences, supported languages, and your security settings.

Once you've made any changes be sure to click Save and set live in the top right hand corner of the screen 👍

Hello @racheal​ !

Thanks for the answer!

Actually, I have enable the Messenger in the home, and it's save and publish (See the screenshot)

messengerSetupBut on my website, the "send us a message" don't appear

Juste to be sure, do you think it's because I have a developer account without subscription at the moment ?

Thanks!

Ok, I've take a trial and its working now!