Answered

A custom action with a parameter containing spaces is incorrectly transformed when testing a request.

• 23 January 2023
  • 1 reply

I have made a custom action that makes a GET request to one of our services. The form looks like this when filled in:

Screenshot 2023-01-23 at 18.00.44However when providing test values, spaces are (imo incorrectly) mapped to +-signs.

For example when i enter:

parameters exampleI can see the request at my service is coming in with a value like

"Collegekaart+&+gebouwen".

Even when i provide the parameter as an URL-encoded value it does not work.

Could someone help me?

Thank you in advance.

icon

Best answer by Daniel M15 25 January 2023, 18:16

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 2

Hey @user1602​! Daniel from Customer Support Engineering here 🔧 

I think the issue here is related to how you format the URL. You are using "Conversation - topic category" to fill in the remainder of the URL. It is expected that spaces do not appear in a URL, as URLs cannot have spaces in them. The value you have entered does contain spaces, so the "+" signs are substituted in. The URL you're trying to request essentially ends in MatchTopic/Collegekaart+&+gebouwen - which seemingly does not exist on your side. Please ensure that you are using an appropriate attribute to populate the URL value, and ensure that the test values that you are using will result in a URL that does exist. If you believe that the request does exist and the action failed mistakenly here, please contact us over the Messenger and we'll dig into it further.

Hope this helps!