Answered

I'm using the Cordova SDK to natively integrate Intercom messenger into my iOS & Android mobile apps. I'm having issues with Identity Verification for iOS Users, always throws an error.

• 23 January 2023
  • 1 reply

I'm using the Cordova SDK to natively integrate Intercom messenger into my iOS & Android mobile apps. I'm having issues with Identity Verification for iOS Users, always throws an error.

My app is using Ionic Framework with ReactJS. So far I've only noticed this error on iOS, with many Users.

Please see the screenshot. It's in Ukrainian, but it basically said, ops, something went wrong, we couldn't load any content, please refresh. Refreshing doesn't help. 🙂

This bug was seen on iPhone X / Xs / 12 / 13, and iOS 15.6 - 16.1.1. So likely this isn't related to a specific OS or device.

2023-01-23 19.02.37 

Any help on this issue will be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Daniel M15 25 January 2023, 18:20

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 2

Hey @dimitri p​! Daniel from Customer Support Engineering here 🔧 

It looks like the hash value that you are returning does not match the value that is expected by Intercom. Please ensure that you are hashing using the correct token (iOS) and that you are appropriately logging your users out when they exit the app. We often see this issue occur when users try to log in after their last session was not properly killed. Ensure you are logging your users in with the correct user IDs, too.

If you are correctly logging your users in and out, and the expected hash value matches the hash value that's sent, please contact us via the Messenger for further support.