Answered

How to use different custom bots when users on different screen of our mobile apps? Given that we know which screens they are on, we want to ask related questions in the custom bots when they open the Intercom messenger? Thanks.

• 3 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

For example, let's say we only have 2 screens (account screen and product screen) in our mobile app. If user is on account screen and they open Intercom messenger, we want to give them options like (account issue, payment issue, etc). If user is on the product screen and they open intercom messenger, we want to give them option like (refund, complaint, product related help, etc). Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Paul M11 6 February 2023, 18:29

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey @user2369​  👋 Currently, it's not possible to send a bot or message to users of your mobile app on specific screens, however, I'd be happy to mark this as a feature request for you! 😊

In the meantime, I can offer a workaround for this --

You'll want to begin tracking a custom attribute, let's call it 'current_screen', and then you'll update that attribute with an identifier (i.e. a name or an ID) of the screen whenever your users navigate to a different screen in your mobile app. This can be done for all screens, or perhaps just the ones you anticipate targeting with an auto-message.

After implementing the attribute you can configure the rule 'current_screen is splashScreen' in your targeted audience to send an auto-message only to users who are on the splash screen.

Userlevel 1

Hi @PaulMcA, thank you for the ​reply. I actually tested the workaround before asking the question in the forum. However it did not work. Users were shown the same custom bots regardless of the which screens they were on. Are the rules evaluated instantly once the values of custom variables has been updated? Thanks.