Answered

Conversation data attribute and webhook

• 3 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello,

We use conversation data attributes and webhooks. We need to be notified when one of our attributes is updated.

However, webhooks do not send any events when a conversation data attribute is updated.

Do we need to configure something to receive an event when the conversation data attribute is updated?

icon

Best answer by Racheal 7 February 2023, 03:28

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey @robin m​ Racheal from the support engineer team here👋 

At the moment, Intercom does not have a webhook for conversation data attribute updates. But I definitely understand how beneficial this would be to have, I would love to pass this along as a feature request for the product team. This is a great idea for the @Product Wishlist​ !

Perhaps a workaround could be subscribing to conversation.user.replied and conversation.admin.replied and then retrieving the conversation details from the API. I understand this would not be as automatic and simple as a webhook that was triggered every time a conversation detail was updated, so I will +1 this request on your behalf.

Hey @robin m​,

Wondering more about the purpose for that specific attribute that you need to be notified about -- that might help with thinking of other ways to accomplish your goals for this, if that's something you can share?

It does seem like a feature that would be good to have, but curious about solutions in the meantime.

Hi @ [Nathan Sudds],

Sorry for my late response.

We need to update some data on our end with the value of the conversation data attribute.

When someone manually updates the ticket's conversation data attribute, it does not trigger an event telling us that the ticket has been updated.