Answered

What are your top tips for someone just getting started with Intercom – what have been your most effective automations or flows/series and best practices?

• 13 February 2023
  • 4 replies

What are your top tips for someone just getting started with Intercom – what have been your most effective automations or flows/series and best practices?
icon

Best answer by Joseph S. 13 February 2023, 22:38

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi @jake m​ 

That is a cool question!

If I am just started with intercom, I would probably do those things.

1. Get to know more about my customers and segment them, the best way to automate is to know your customers to see which flows you would need! so, check out if intercom can give you more insights into this than what you already know.
  2. I would add attributes for the customers also, it falls to the first point as well, and helps the agents down the road.
  3. To automate the common questions, I would build paths for the bots and try to cover the percentage of the queries by the bots.
  4. Check out the app store. (https://www.intercom.com/app-store, many companies have good integrations and apps, that can help boost productivity.

Hope it helps!

Thanks for your answer @user1911​ !

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

My pleasure! 😊

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi!

We've been using Intercom for a couple of months, so we're not the most experienced, but one of the first things we set up were custom bots. They've been quite successful in deflecting conversations concerning simple questions, and delivering in context support. Here's more info.

Hope this helps!