Answered

Tips and tricks for changing brand / company name

• 29 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +4

Hey all! We are about to change our company name and branding and I’m going to be looking into what needs to happen in intercom. 

There will be changes to URL’s and email addresses etc, as well as branding the messenger etc, but in the hope that I make this as smooth as possible for our customers, I was wondering if anyone has been through this process and if there is any advice, gotchas, must do’s that you experienced?

icon

Best answer by Jacob Cox 10 March 2024, 20:21

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @Brent !

To update your company name and branding in Intercom, you may want to look in a few different areas:

1. Change the name of your Intercom workspace by going to 'Settings > General Settings > Name of your workspace'.
  1. Update the branding across the Messenger Settings and Help Center Settings. To update the Messenger Styling, refer to the Messenger Styling article. For the Help Center, refer to the Help Center article.
  2. You can read up on Email Domain Authentication here
  3. You may need to update your Email brand linking. You can read up on that here.
  4. If you have a Custom Domain for your Help Center you’ll want to update that as well.

Would love to hear any other thoughts from folks that have gone through this process before!

Badge +4

Thanks Jacob - that was helpful. 

We are not too far off making the changes - our biggest concern is changing the domain name of the help centre. We have a LOT of articles the have buttons set to link to other articles, as well as links to articles and product tourse etc from our apps.  If we chance the domain name - do all of those old links now fail to connect?

Anyone have any thoughts on how this works?