Answered

Workflow Question: Collect Customer Reply followed by Wait

• 19 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello I have a workflow that ends with - Collect Customer Reply, but followed by WAIT later that day and then send message to nudge the player to reply. 

Will this type of pattern work? If not what is the proper way to go abou this?

icon

Best answer by Larissa Alberti 19 December 2023, 15:45

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hey @Steve Nowlan 👋

Larissa here from Intercom Support.

When you use the “collect customer reply”, the customer is required to send a reply before your workflow can continue.

Therefore, this wouldn’t work if you expect to send a message to remind the customer to say something.

I’d recommend that you remove the “collect customer reply” and then it should work fine.

I hope this helps! 

Hey @Steve Nowlan 👋

Larissa here from Intercom Support.

When you use the “collect customer reply”, the customer is required to send a reply before your workflow can continue.

Therefore, this wouldn’t work if you expect to send a message to remind the customer to say something.

I’d recommend that you remove the “collect customer reply” and then it should work fine.

I hope this helps! 

Thanks for the answer Larissa, now my question is I want to have a certain point where a customer can start to respond to me, what is the other way to do it besides Collect User Response?

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hey @Steve Nowlan 👋

Customers can reply without the “collect customer reply” action.

This action is not required for customers to be able to send a message.

You can just build the workflow as you had previously, but removing the action “collect customer reply”.

Hope this helps!