Answered

Can we disable users from creating duplicate convos in a time frame?

• 13 September 2021
  • 72 replies

Users who don't get a response right away from us tend to simply start another conversation. While the task bot does flag that there's a dupe, we'd prefer to not allow users to start multiple conversations until they've received a reply to the first one. This would help declutter the inbox and save SO much team time!

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 7 March 2022, 10:41

View original

72 replies

Intercom just released a BETA in the messenger settings, preventing customers sending more than one inbound message.

Messenger-Settings-Morgenlevering-no-Intercom (4)

Userlevel 1

Excellet shout @user772​! @user767​, let me see if I can get you added to this beta.

So excited about this! I do see though that theres a note that it doesn't work on the mobile SDK yet. We're only using Intercom with mobile - any estimate on when that will be available or if I need to be added to a different beta? This is a GAMECHANGER!

Hey there! The beta looks awesome. How can I go about being added to it please? 😄

Userlevel 1

Hey @user784​, let me look into this for you 👍

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@eric f11​ My team would be interested in this feature as well. How does this look from the user's view? Does it just hide the "start conversation" button?

Thanks @eric f11​ - any update?

Userlevel 1

Hi @kevin b​, that's exactly it. So long as a user's conversation remains open or snoozed, the Messenger will not show the "start conversation" card.

Userlevel 1

@kevin b​ your workspace has been added to this beta now!

Userlevel 1

Hey @user784​, your workspace has now been added to the beta.

Thanks so much @eric f11​!

Hi @eric f11​ - can I just check in what time period it would stop somebody from sending a new conversation? For example, would they be able to send a new message again after a certain time period has passed?

I don't want to stop our customers from ever sending us a new message ever again 😁

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

From what I understand, as long as there is an open or snoozed conversation, the user doesn't have the ability to open a new chat.

🙈 Ops! Thats certainly not good

Userlevel 1

Hey @user772​ @user784​, I'm going to tag in @jamie m12 Hill​ here, our PM behind his feature. Jamie, is it correct that expected behaviour here is that the "start a conversation" card will be hidden until the customer's existing conversation is closed?

That's correct. The start conversation button only re-appears as soon as a teammate has closed the conversation.

Here's how it works in the scenario where an end user comes back to send a message about a different topic but their original conversation is still open:

1. Their open inbound conversation remains as the active conversation in the 'continue a conversation' card on the messenger home screen, this gives the end-user a highly visible and clear way to get in touch with a teammate again.
  2. If the second topic raised by the end-user in the original conversation needs to be tracked as a separate conversation internally for accountability and reporting purposes, the team can start a new outbound support conversation with the same user. Then the end-user will have two open conversations. The prevent duplicates setting only restricts the 'start conversation' button based on inbound conversations initiated by the user, a teammate can still start conversations on the user's behalf.

Wow - this brings me relief just thinking about it 😂 @eric f11​ The Oliver Space team would love to test out this beta feature, if there's still an opportunity to try it!

Userlevel 1

Hey @user140​, let me follow up internally and I'll come back to you once this is resolved!

Hey @eric f11​ can we be added to this beta please?

Userlevel 1

Hey @user511​, let me follow up internally with the team and I'll come back to you!

Userlevel 1

Hey @user140​, I asked your sales owner to get you added to this beta, was this enabled for you?

Userlevel 1

Both of your workspaces have been added!

@eric f11​ It was! Thank you so much for making that happen for us. We haven't officially tested with it yet, but will soon :)

Badge

Hi there! Would it be possible to enrol our workspace into the Beta as well? ☺️

Hello @eric f11

That's exactly what I was looking for 😃 , I dont know if this beta feature could be added to our workspace. 😁

Thank you for this generous group, you are awesome.

Kind regards,

Houria